Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

And So It Begins.... Minnie's Misadventures #1

Today started out like any normal day. My humans parents got up early to get ready for work. My human siblings started to get ready for school. I got my breakfast in my kibble toy (BOY I love those things!) and went and rested a bit on my comfy bed before everyone had to leave.

A little later Momma told me goodbye and put the fence up around the bed area and tossed a few new toys my way. Dad would be home in a few hours. No big deal, right? Wrong.

After mom left, the house was quiet. Ah, some peace! No kids screaming and running around! Time for me to take a nap!  After my short nap, I played around with a few of the toys. But, that got old. I needed something better. There had to be something funner I could find to do. Then it hit me. I could be living on a cloud right now. Imagine that. A boxer like me living on a big ole fluffy cloud! My parents would be so excited to know I was being treated like a king floating on my big ole cloud!  But, how? How can I get me a cloud? Oh wait... I got it! This bed! Its almost like a cloud!!!

For the next couple hours before Dad got home I went to work. I knawed at that bed and finally broke the zipper open. Man. I'm like MacGyver! And yes, I watch it on occasion with the kids. Anyhow. Pulled, tugged and yanked all that stuffing out. Yeah! This is great!

After I got my cloud all set up, I was ready for a good nap. I was tuckered out after all that hard work! Off to sleep I went. Next thing I new, I heard Dad walking in the house. Woohoo! He's gonna be so proud of me!!  I let out a quick bark of excitement as he makes his way to the bedroom.

Then he walked in. I was all happy, sitting up nice and straight for him to see me. Then I noticed the look on his face. I had seen this look before. The one he gave me when I forgot to go outside to relieve myself. Uh oh. This ain't good. I don't think he is very happy. I laid down. I think my idea backfired on me. Crap.

Dad thought it would be a good idea to take my picture. Here it was. I realized at this point, my ingenious idea to sleep floating on a cloud wasn't so spectacular anymore. All I could think of was, I'm sorry Dad.








1 comment:

  1. At least it was contained to one spot, I can't help from laughing. lol

    ReplyDelete